Friday, October 3, 2014

Feeling Like a Kid



Let Everything that hath breath praise the Lord








Isn't it funny how a pile of leaves can turn any adult into a 6 year old?!  I was heading out my driveway this morning and the whole lane was covered in bright, yellow leaves. I just couldn't resist. I floored the car and split those leaves wide open.  Yes. I was giggling the whole time and no I didn't mess up anyone's hard work. These leaves were hot off the branch!

I was feeling like a kid all over again. It made my heart light. I think as  an adult we have to relish those moments when we find them.  We get so weighed down with work, family, our health, bills, trying to decide if we can get through one more winter before replacing all four tires. It's nice to find a moment where all those worries disappear and a twinge of childhood innocence sneaks in, taps us on the shoulder and says, "tag! You're it!"


Lord of HostsAll that worry. And worry is such a waste of good energy but we all do it.  I read a sign once that said, "worry ends where faith begins." Boy, ain't that the truth!!  I try my best to surrender daily to Jesus all my cares, worries, plans...everything!  Seems like worrying is the first thing to raise its ugly head.  Still, when the going gets tough, I know Jesus is there and will get me through anything.





Matthew 6:25-34

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 


Always Count Your Blessings!

I'm gonna try to not worry this weekend!  And should I start to feel the pull of anxiety...I'll remember to count my blessings!  That should put things in perspective!

Thanks for stopping in and taking time to read my ramblings.  I pray you have a wonderful day today!  

Laugh. Smile. Sing a song!




~ God bless

No comments: