Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ramblings of a Tired Mind

Ahhhh, I'm sitting in the recliner drinking a fantastic cup of coffee from McDonalds. Sometimes they get it right....sometimes they're not even close. However, tonight they are baby bear soup!! Aka...Just right!!

And so the day closes with my cat, Harper, curled up on her bed looking out the window. I hear the crickets and every now and then see a bird flutter by, which drives Harper crazy!! I love the crickets!

I close my eyes and can picture myself as a youngster. Playing until the edge of dark, chasing lightening bugs and any other critter that would give chase. Well, except for grasshoppers!! But that's another story!







~ ~ ~




We picked up some apples at a local shop that is "famous" in these parts for its cider and apple butter.  Oh how I love fresh picked apples.  In fact, I would love to try my hand at making an apple crisp. If you know any good recipes let me know.  Me making my way around the kitchen is like a scuba diver trying on a parka....yeah...it's that bad!





I have so much I would like to get done but I'm having a hard time getting in gear. Ever have those days? At any rate, I'm feeling so very blessed. I pray you are too.


So, I shall leave you with this scripture.

Psalm 23:1

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.


Most of us are familiar with this Psalm. However, I challenge you to really think about this one line. Understand the depths of what it means. I welcome all comments!

Thanks for stopping in. Have a great night.

God bless,
Rachel

No comments: