Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rejoice in The Day

















Ya know, we were out in the Jeep yesterday taking every back road we could find, just trying to get lost. The day was so gorgeous. How could one not rejoice in the day? We saw fields of gold, red and green. Hay rolled into tight little balls that dotted the horizon. Lakes and creeks and streams.




Amish BuggieWe were already taking our time but we slowed even more as we came upon some Amish buggies. They waved and smiled as we cautiously passed them. I loved hearing the clopping of the horses.


We continued on our way, both of us silent and simply taken by the beauty of the day. The sun streaked through the clouds creating a Heavenly canvas.

When we did talk, we spoke about how blessed we are in our lives. How the Lord has provided us with everything we need! We talked about the things making headlines....Isis, Syria, Terrorism, hunger.

All those things that seem insurmountable. However, we both quickly reminded one another of God's promises. And as usual one of my favorite versus sprang to mind...

 John 16:33 


These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


High Above the Heavens

After all the horrible news and disasters, all the tribulations, the Lord is saying...be of good cheer!! I have overcome the world!  It makes me feel so small. It makes the world feel small too. However, I'm reminded that I know how this story turns out. I know the ending. I know the plot line, the antagonist, the hero and the love interest! I praise God for that love.


Well, until next time, have a great day. Smile. Love. Surrender. Rejoice in The Day.

God bless,
Rachel




No comments: