Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fall is in the air!!

Wow! This day is gorgeous!!

In my opinion this would have to be a near perfect day! The breeze is crisp and light.  The sunlight peeps ever so often from behind the clouds. I can hear the crunch of the already fallen leaves as they tumble by the window and who could not mention the beautiful songbirds! It just doesn't get much better than this. At least, not here on this earth!!

I'm inclined to go to the Pumpkin Patch, which is a little market just up the street from where we live, and see what kind of mums they have. I love fall and decorating for the season.

 I have a new *burlap flag* to hang under our little tree. Everything is so exciting this time of year don't cha think?


It's a great day to be alive. I hope you are aware of all your blessings today. Sometimes it is hard to see them through pain and suffering. However, they are there...more than you know.

I have struggled with severe depression most of my adult life. I understand that life can be a dark and lonely place. I have felt like things were hopeless and life had no meaning.

At times, I felt as if I was only existing from one second to another. I praise God that He never let me go...even when I let go of Him.

He guided me and carried me when I couldn't  pick myself up. Now, my life is so different. I still struggle some days...but not like before.
Yes. I take medication. The chemicals in my body were not sufficient to keep me at an even keel. But the storm has passed. And when the waves stir, as cliche' as it may sound, I know who my Captain is! And there are no waves to rough for Him to weather.

I pray that you find peace today. Joy in all of creation that surrounds you. Our Lord created all of this for us to enjoy. May He touch your heart today and always and may you follow His voice.

God bless,
Rachel



No comments: